Terracotta is Software AG's In-memory data management platform. These products are built on top of a distributed, high performance scalable architecture. There are currently three products:
- Terracotta BigMemory (including BigMemory Max, BigMemory Go, and Web Sessions)
- Terracotta 10.x
- Terracotta Ehcache 10.x
Terracotta software products and projects are made available in several packaged kits. In addition to releasing individual products/projects as kits (such as Ehcache and Quartz Scheduler), the Terracotta kit is a package that includes the Terracotta platform, Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler, Sessions, and related items.
The following table provides the most current information on these releases.
Terracotta Open Source Release Notes can be found here .
Understanding Terracotta Kit Names and Version Numbers
Kit names include the kit content (whether it is an individual product/project - such as Ehcache - or a full Terracotta kit), a version, and possibly some additional attributes.
Terracotta kits have a version number that in general refers to the platform version.
A kit version number can also have one of the following attributes to indicate its purpose or a change other than to the platform:
- _ (Underscore) – A kit containing the same platform as the non-underscore version but at least one major Terracotta component with a version change. Major components are Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler, Sessions, and the Toolkit. For example Terracotta 3.4.0_1 is identical to Terracotta 3.4.0 except that Ehcache 2.3.0 was replaced with Ehcache 2.3.1.
- ee – Included in the name indicates that this is an Enterprise Edition product release (a commercial version that requires a license to run) as opposed to an Open Source project release.
- Beta – A pre-release kit intended for beta testing.
- RC (Release Candidate) – A kit that is a candidate to become the final release unless issues are discovered that must be fixed before a final release is made. A release candidate is suitable for late-stage testing.
- SNAPSHOT – Snapshots reflect the code as it currently exists, and are not official releases. Snapshot kits can change daily and may have functional and performance issues. For example, Terracotta 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT may be suitable for early testing purposes, but is not recommended for POCs.
- patch – A patch to an ee (Enterprise Edition) kit. See below for more details.
Patches are a provided for ee (Enterprise Edition) kits for commercial customers only. For more information on using software patches, see Patches.
Terracotta 10.x is a distributed in-memory data management solution for both operational and analytical workloads. Terracotta DB has powerful query and computation capabilities, leveraging native JDK features such as Java Streams, collections, and functions.
|Release||Date||Release Notes||Platform Support||Notes|
|Terracotta 10.7.0||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release and Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.3.1||Apr 16, 2019||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release and Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.3.0.3||Jan 11, 2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release and Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.3.0.2||Dec 7, 2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.3.0.1||Oct 15,2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.3||Oct 15,2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release|
|Terracotta 10.2.0.4||Oct 9, 2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.2.0.3||Jul 19, 2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.2.0.2||Jun 27, 2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.2||Apr 17, 2018||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release|
|Terracotta 10.1.0.2||Oct 30, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.1.0.1||Oct 17, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta 10.1||Oct 17, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release|
Terracotta Ehcache is a standards-based cache that boosts performance, offloads your database, and simplifies scalability. It's the most widely-used Java-based caching platform in the world for its ability to integrate with other popular libraries and frameworks like Hibernate, Spring, etc. Terracotta Ehcache scales from in-process caching, all the way to mixed in-process/out-of-process deployments with terabyte-sized caches. It strengthens distributed caching capabilities via a new generation of Terracotta server with support for high-availability and improved performance.
Some key features include:
- An API that leverages Java generics and simplifies Cache interactions
- Java-based Key/Value store optimized for caching workloads
- Full compatibility with javax.cache API (JSR-107)
- he industry's first and best Offheap storage capabilities, including offheap-only caches
- In-memory storage with optional persistence to disk and ultra-fast recovery
- Out of the box Spring Caching and Hibernate integration thanks to the javax.cache support, and many more ...
- Distributed caching:
- Supports various scale-out and HA deployment configurations
- Flexible, fine-granular configuration of availability, consistency, and durability