Terracotta is Software AG's In-memory data management platform. These products are built on top of a distributed, high performance scalable architecture. There are currently three products:
- Terracotta BigMemory (including BigMemory Max, BigMemory Go, and Web Sessions)
- Terracotta DB
- Terracotta Ehcache
Terracotta software products and projects are made available in several packaged kits. In addition to releasing individual products/projects as kits (such as Ehcache and Quartz Scheduler), the Terracotta kit is a package that includes the Terracotta platform, Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler, Sessions, and related items.
The following table provides the most current information on these releases.
Terracotta Open Source Release Notes can be found here.
Understanding Terracotta Kit Names and Version Numbers
Kit names include the kit content (whether it is an individual product/project - such as Ehcache - or a full Terracotta kit), a version, and possibly some additional attributes.
Terracotta kits have a version number that in general refers to the platform version.
A kit version number can also have one of the following attributes to indicate its purpose or a change other than to the platform:
- _ (Underscore) – A kit containing the same platform as the non-underscore version but at least one major Terracotta component with a version change. Major components are Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler, Sessions, and the Toolkit. For example Terracotta 3.4.0_1 is identical to Terracotta 3.4.0 except that Ehcache 2.3.0 was replaced with Ehcache 2.3.1.
- ee – Included in the name indicates that this is an Enterprise Edition product release (a commercial version that requires a license to run) as opposed to an Open Source project release.
- Beta – A pre-release kit intended for beta testing.
- RC (Release Candidate) – A kit that is a candidate to become the final release unless issues are discovered that must be fixed before a final release is made. A release candidate is suitable for late-stage testing.
- SNAPSHOT – Snapshots reflect the code as it currently exists, and are not official releases. Snapshot kits can change daily and may have functional and performance issues. For example, Terracotta 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT may be suitable for early testing purposes, but is not recommended for POCs.
- patch – A patch to an ee (Enterprise Edition) kit. See below for more details.
Patches are a provided for ee (Enterprise Edition) kits for commercial customers only. For more information on using software patches, see Patches.
Terracotta DB is a distributed in-memory data management solution for both operational and analytical workloads. Terracotta DB has powerful query and computation capabilities, leveraging native JDK features such as Java Streams, collections, and functions.
Terracotta Ehcache is an improved version of Java's de facto caching API, Ehcache. It has a powerful, streamlined, modernized caching API taking advantage of newer Java features as well as the capability to be used via the JSR-107 "JCache" API. Some of the key high level feature of this API include:
- Leverages Java generics and simplifies cache interactions
- Full compatibility with javax.cache API (JSR-107)
- In-memory storage with optional persistence to disk and ultra-fast recovery
- Java-based Key/Value store optimized for caching workloads
- The industry's first and best Offheap storage capabilities
- Distributed Store
- Supports various scale-out and HA deployment configurations
- Flexible, fine-granular configuration of availability, consistency, and durability
|Terracotta Ehcache 10.1.0.2||Oct 30, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta Ehcache 10.1.0.1||Oct 17, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Bug Fix|
|Terracotta Ehcache 10.1||Oct 17, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release|
|Terracotta Ehcache 10.0.0.2||May 31, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release|
|Terracotta Ehcache 10.0||April 19, 2017||Release Notes||Platform Support||Feature Release|