Release Notes for Terracotta 3.7.0
Release Notes for Ehcache 2.6.0 available here
Terracotta 3.7.0 adds Security and Improved Search
Summary of Changes
Terracotta 3.7 provides out-of-the-box security integration with transport level security via SSL and heightened security access for monitoring and managing deployments. All communications between Terracotta platform components can now be secured using SSL. All endpoints that are required to manage Terracotta deployments are secured and ensure secure propagation of user identity.
Search is a critical capability in Terracotta's big data deployments. With Terracotta 3.7, data is indexed without significant overhead, empowering users to conduct fast searches with predictable low latencies across terabytes of in-memory data. All Ehcache search features are now available for BigMemory in standalone mode, along with enhanced features like "GroupBy".
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Terracotta, note the following changes.
- DEV-6920 - Searches of eventually consistent caches are now faster because queries are executed immediately without waiting for pending transactions at the local node to commit. In general, search results are eventually consistent with the caches. This change specifically means that, if a thread adds an element into an eventually consistent cache and immediately runs a query to fetch the element, it will not be visible in the search results until the update is published to the server. If you want pending transactions on the local node to commit before executing a search query, set the consistency option to "strong".
Add any deprecated information here
- JDK 1.6 is the only supported JDK in Terracotta 3.7.0
- JBoss 7 is supported with Terracotta 3.7.0
- If using security with the Terracotta Server Array:
- Do not start servers using the "nohup" options. Startup requires manual entry of the keychain password.
- DEV-7568 - If two Terracotta servers are started, and at least one fails to authenticate the other, they will come up as two separate active servers (two independent clusters). This is true even in a one-stripe scenario where one server was intended to be the mirror.
Please email any questions you have regarding Terracotta to pm <at> terracotta.org