Release and Platform Compatibility Information
Terracotta software products and projects are made available in several packaged kits. In addition to releasing individual products/projects as kits (such as Ehcache and Quartz Scheduler), the Terracotta kit is a package that includes the Terracotta Server and Ehcache
The following tables provide the most current information on these releases.
Current Releases - Release Notes
Terracotta 4.3.0 Release Notes
Terracotta 4.3.0, Ehcache 2.10.0
|2 April 2015||Terracotta 4.3.0 Release Notes|
|Quartz 2.2.1||Changelist for Quartz 2.2.1|
Understanding Terracotta Kit Names and Version Numbers
Kit names include the kit content (whether it is an individual product/project - such as Ehcache - or a full Terracotta kit), a version, and possibly some additional attributes.
Terracotta kits have a version number that in general refers to the platform version.
A kit version number can also have one of the following attributes to indicate its purpose or a change other than to the platform:
- _ (Underscore) – A kit containing the same platform as the non-underscore version but at least one major Terracotta component with a version change. Major components are Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler, Sessions, and the Toolkit. For example Terracotta 3.4.0_1 is identical to Terracotta 3.4.0 except that Ehcache 2.3.0 was replaced with Ehcache 2.3.1.
- ee – Included in the name indicates that this is an Enterprise Edition product release (a commercial version that requires a license to run) as opposed to an Open Source project release.
- Beta – A pre-release kit intended for beta testing.
- RC (Release Candidate) – A kit that is a candidate to become the final release unless issues are discovered that must be fixed before a final release is made. A release candidate is suitable for late-stage testing.
- SNAPSHOT – Snapshots reflect the code as it currently exists, and are not official releases. Snapshot kits can change daily and may have functional and performance issues. For example, Terracotta 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT may be suitable for early testing purposes, but is not recommended for POCs.
- patch – A patch to an ee (Enterprise Edition) kit. See below for more details.
Patches are a provided for ee (Enterprise Edition) kits for commercial customers only. For more information on using software patches, see Patches.