Terracotta Ehcache 10.1 Release Notes
- New Features
- Summary of Changes in 10.1.0.1
- Summary of Changes in 10.1
- New backup and restore functionality added to the server
Summary of Changes in 10.1.0.1
2360 - Fixed issue where there were loss of entries on Ehcache when performing failover during put operations
It is highly recommended for users to upgrade/install Terracotta DB 10.1 Fix1 due to defect fixes for feature and performance improvements.
Summary of Changes in 10.1
- 1792 - Removed struct feature from restartable offheap-store
- 1803 - Disallowed duplicate data root identifiers and overlapping data root paths
- 1821 - Multi-strip set-up:
- Before you create a cluster, start at least one server on each of the stripes which are going to be part of the cluster.
- Use the configure command of the cluster tool to configure a cluster, specifying the Terracotta configuration file for all required stripes.
For more details about usage of the cluster tool, refer to the cluster tool documentation in the section The Cluster Tool.
- 2168 - Fixed issue with restarting an FRS-enabled server after a cache creation failed due to insufficient size allocation
- 2319 - ‘Restartable’ configuration attribute is now optional
Known Limitations With This Release
- Client-to-server connections have limited reconnection capabilities. Work-around (for potentially long network interruptions) can be to increase the configured reconnect timeout window.
- Data inconsistency can occur from split-brain scenarios
- Security features are not yet enabled
- Terracotta BigMemory 4.x and Terracotta DB 10.x clients cannot be used simultaneously in the same application without using ClassLoader separation when initializing at least one of the clients.