The platforms listed on this page are currently certified for use with commercial Terracotta product editions. As a 100% Java solution, Terracotta should run without issues on Java platforms for which it is not certified. If you have any questions about a certified or non-certified platform, contact us in one of the following ways:
Terracotta is comprised of two different components: the client that integrates with your application, and the server (the server array) that typically runs on a set of separate machines in production.
The client is designed to run on many platform/JDK/container combinations. The server runs directly as a Java process (without a container).
For standard usage (also referred as Express integration), the following JDK's are supported:
|Sun Hotspot 1.7.0_7|
Sun Hotspot 1.6.0_30
Oracle BEA JRockit 1.6.0_26-b03 R28
IBM JDK 1.6
- In addition to the ability to integrate Terracotta via standard application libraries (Ehcache, Quartz and Web Sessions), Terracotta also supports a Custom/DSO (Distributed Shared Objects) integration mode. Custom/DSO provides support for additional advanced use cases via lower level JVM-level data type clustering. It is typically only used for direct JVM-level POJO clustering (without using Ehcache), or uses cases that combine Ehcache with explicit DSO clustering of other data types in a single application, or when using Ehcache in non-serialized identity mode.
For more information on integration and installation modes, see our Product Documentation
- Custom/DSO usage is only supported with the Sun Hotspot JDK - as it relies on a JDK specific boot-jar for byte-code manipulation. Additionally, Websphere is not support with Custom/DSO usage.
- BigMemory 4.0 no longer includes Custom/DSO support mode. Please note that Terracotta will only be supporting Custom/DSO as part of Terracotta 3.7 through December 31 2013. For more information, including migration options for DSO, please refer to Terracotta DSO FAQ.
Apache Tomcat 7.0.16
Apache Tomcat 6.0.33
Apache Tomcat 5.5.28
Apache Tomcat 5.0.30
IBM Websphere 22.214.171.124
IBM WebSphere 126.96.36.199
JBoss AS 4.0.5
JBoss AS 4.2.3
JBoss AS 5.1.0
JBoss AS 6
Oracle BEA Weblogic 9.2.MP3
Oracle BEA Weblogic 10.0 MP1, MP3, 10.3.1
* Glassfish V2-ur2-b04
* Glassfish V3
* Resin 3.1.8
* Indicates - supported for Ehcache, Quartz, but not Web Sessions. Contact to firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
The Terracotta server is a process that runs directly in a JVM.
It has been validated on the following OSes with Sun Hotspot JDK 1.6.0_27
- Solaris 10(SPARC)
- Solaris 9(SPARC)
- Solaris 10 (x86)
- RedHat ES4
- RedHat ES5
- RedHat EL6
- SUSE ES 10.1 32 and 64 bit
- SUSE ES 11
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows XP (dev only)
- Windows Server 2008R2
- Windows Server 2012
- CentOS 5.4
For other JVM/platform combinations not listed above, please contact email@example.com to confirm status.
Library to Server Compatibility Matrix
If you are using Sun SPARC, see the SPARC section of the Troubleshooting Guide.
For Terracotta Server garbage-collector settings, see the Technical FAQ.