- Platform Support
- Client JDKs
- Client Containers
- Server Information
- Library to Server Compatibility Matrix
The platforms listed on this page are currently certified for use with commercial Terracotta product editions. As a 100% Java solution, Terracotta should run without issues on Java platforms for which it is not certified. If you have any questions about a certified or non-certified platform, contact us in one of the following ways:
Terracotta is comprised of two different components: the client that integrates with your application, and the server (the server array) that typically runs on a set of separate machines in production.
The client is designed to run on many platform/JDK/container combinations. The server runs directly as a Java process (without a container).
For standard usage (also referred as Express integration) - via standard application libraries - with Ehcache, Quartz and Web Sessions, the following JDK’s are supported:
|Sun Hotspot 1.5.0_22|
|Sun Hotspot 1.6.0_30|
|Oracle BEA JRockit 1.6.0_26-b03 R28|
|IBM JDK 1.5|
|IBM JDK 1.6|
- In addition to the ability to integrate Terracotta via standard application libraries (Ehcache, Quartz and Web Sessions), Terracotta also supports a Custom/DSO (Distributed Shared Objects) integration mode. Custom/DSO provides support for additional advanced use cases via lower level JVM-level data type clustering. It is typically only used for direct JVM-level POJO clustering (without using Ehcache), or uses cases that combine Ehcache with explicit DSO clustering of other data types in a single application, or when using Ehcache in non-serialized identity mode.
For more information on integration and installation modes, see our
- Custom/DSO usage is only supported with the Sun Hotspot JDK - as it relies on a JDK specific boot-jar for byte-code manipulation. Additionally, Websphere is not support with Custom/DSO usage.
|Apache Tomcat 7.0.16|
|Apache Tomcat 6.0.29|
|Apache Tomcat 5.5.28|
|Apache Tomcat 5.0.30|
|IBM Websphere 126.96.36.199|
|IBM WebSphere 188.8.131.52|
|JBoss AS 4.0.5|
|JBoss AS 4.2.3|
|JBoss AS 5.1.0|
|JBoss AS 6|
|Oracle BEA Weblogic 9.2.MP3|
|Oracle BEA Weblogic 10.0 MP1, MP3, 10.3.1|
|* Glassfish V2-ur2-b04|
|* Glassfish V3|
|* Resin 3.1.8|
* Indicates - supported for Ehcache, Quartz, but not Web Sessions. Contact to [email protected] for availability.
The Terracotta server is a process that runs directly in a JVM.
It has been validated on the following OSes with Sun Hotspot JDK 1.6.0_27
- Solaris 10(SPARC)
- Solaris 9(SPARC)
- RedHat ES4
- RedHat ES5
- SUSE ES 10.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows XP (dev only)
- Windows Server 2008R2
- CentOS 5.4
For other JVM/platform combinations not listed above, please contact [email protected] to confirm status.
Library to Server Compatibility Matrix
For Terracotta Server garbage-collector settings, see the Technical FAQ.