3.4.0 and 3.4.1 Platform Support
The platforms listed on this page are currently certified for use with commercial Terracotta product editions. As a 100% Java solution, Terracotta should run without issues on Java platforms for which it is not certified. If you have any questions about a certified or non-certified platform, contact us in one of the following ways:
- Send email to [email protected]
- Post a question on our community forums
Terracotta is comprised of two different components: the client that integrates with your application, and the server (the server array) that typically runs on a set of separate machines in production.
The client is designed to run on many platform/JDK/container combinations. The server runs directly as a Java process (without a container).
For standard usage (also referred as Express integration) - via standard application libraries - with Ehcache, Quartz and Web Sessions, the following JDK’s are supported:
|Sun Hotspot 1.5.0_22|
|Sun Hotspot 1.6.0_21|
|Oracle BEA JRockit 1.5|
|Oracle BEA JRockit 1.6|
|IBM JDK 1.5|
|IBM JDK 1.6|
- In addition to the ability to integrate Terracotta via standard application libraries (Ehcache, Quartz and Web Sessions), Terracotta also supports a Custom/DSO (Distributed Shared Objects) integration mode. Custom/DSO provides support for additional advanced use cases via lower level JVM-level data type clustering. It is typically only used for direct JVM-level POJO clustering (without using Ehcache), or uses cases that combine Ehcache with explicit DSO clustering of other data types in a single application, or when using Ehcache in non-serialized identity mode.
For more information on integration and installation modes, see our
- Custom/DSO usage is only supported with the Sun Hotspot JDK - as it relies on a JDK specific boot-jar for byte-code manipulation. Additionally, Websphere is not support with Custom/DSO usage.
|Apache Tomcat 6.0.20|
|Apache Tomcat 5.5.27|
|Apache Tomcat 5.0.28|
|IBM Websphere 188.8.131.52|
|IBM WebSphere 7.0|
|JBoss AS 4.0.5|
|JBoss AS 4.2.3|
|JBoss AS 5.0.1|
|JBoss AS 5.1.0|
|Oracle BEA Weblogic 9.2.MP3|
|Oracle BEA Weblogic 10.0 MP1, MP3, 10.3|
|* Glassfish V1-ur1-p01-b02|
|* Glassfish V2-ur2-b04|
|* Glassfish V3|
|* Resin 3.1.8|
* Indicates - supported for Ehcache, Quartz, but not Web Sessions. Contact to [email protected] for availability.
The Terracotta server is a process that runs directly in a JVM.
It has been validated on the following OSes with Sun Hotspot JDKs (1.5 and 1.6)
- Solaris 10(SPARC)
- Solaris 9(SPARC)
- RedHat ES4
- RedHat ES5
- SUSE ES 10.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows XP (dev only)
It has been validated on the following OSes with IBM J9 JDK (1.5 and 1.6)
- IBM AIX 5
- IBM AIX 6
- IBM z/Linux
For Terracotta Server garbage-collector settings, see the Technical FAQ.